Do you think meme is a form of art? If the answer is yes, this might be the exhibition you’ve been looking for.
It’s Pronounced “GIF,” Not “GIF” is an art exhibition curated by Con Gerakaris, which seeks to explore Internet art and its commodification in a capitalist world. Drawing upon digital artworks commonly found in Instagram feeds and Tumblr dashboards, the exhibition promises a subversion of Western art canon through the lens of “perverted capitalism”.
Featured artists include:
- A-nrd (London, UK)
- Michelle Cho (Los Angeles, USA)
- Simon Falk (Toronto, CAN)
- John Karel (Philadelphia, USA)
- Danielle Karlikoff (Sydney, AUS)
- Nicholas Keays (Melbourne, AUS)
- James Jirat Patradoon (Sydney, AUS)
- Saulonzo (Anioch, USA)
For more information, visit the exhibition’s Facebook page.
Wednesday, March 1, 6pm | Goodspace Gallery, 115 Regent Street, Chippendale